Why NZ King Salmon
Farmed NZ King Salmon is distinctive for several reasons:
- Higher Omega 3 content - for health, succulent cook results, better storage
- Colour - strong pink Salmon - looks so good on the plate
- Grown in New Zealand - no antibiotics / chemicals, just clean, cool salmon
- Taste - our fish is a preferred Sashimi grade
- Smoked from New Zealand Native Timber - the Manuka tree world famous for Manuka Honey
All salmon have good levels of omega 3 fatty acids which is well documented to be beneficial for heart and other body health. The King Salmon is especially high in omega 3, it having almost twice the levels of the Atlantic salmon species. It only takes 150g of King Salmon per week to gain the weekly requirements of omega 3.
It also contains an essential trace element Selenium which is important in the enzyme system (glutathione peroxidase) which protects intracellular structures against oxidative damage.
- The complete absense of antibiotics, vaccines and chemicals